Decision Strategies International (DSI) and its affiliates highly respect your privacy and realize its importance to you. DSI believes in an active approach to safeguarding your privacy online and remains strongly committed in protecting your privacy and personal information. DSI’s policy covers the types of information the company collects and how it treats personal information, defined as information about you that is personally identifiable such as your name, address, email address, phone number, etc. and that is not otherwise publicly available. At any time, DSI may amend this policy, reflecting any and all changes on this page to keep you informed of how your data is collected and used by DSI.
This policy applies solely to DSI’s website and not any sites externally linked by the company. The policy does not apply to companies, organizations, or any other external websites not controlled by DSI and DSI encourages you to review any privacy policies of a site before submitting information there.
Information Collection and Use
DSI does not collect personally identifiable information from individuals unless they provide it to the company voluntarily and knowingly. This means DSI does not require you to register or provide information to DSI in order to view the site. Registration or personal information is only needed to access additional features and content found on DSI’s website, in addition to other purposes described in this policy. The information you supply may be for providing services for one or more of the following features:
- Creation of a user account
- Opting in for news releases, events, newsletters or investor relations communications
- To send content to another individual
- Request of a publication
- Ordering of content or publications
- Member/client restricted areas
Depending on the feature you use, we may collect one or more of the following types of personally identifiable information: contact information, unique personal identifiers, demographic data, company information, financial information, preferences, and special areas of interest. If some or all of the data is not available, DSI may not be able to provide the requested service and you may not be able to request additional information or be able to view customized parts of the site.
You can always access and review your personally identifiable information by accessing your profile. In addition, you can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by editing your profile and change any user preferences, such as subscription to DSI’s newsletter. Creating, viewing and editing your personally identifiable information can only be done with a valid user-provided ID and password. If at any the time, the ability to edit such information online is unavailable, you may feel free to contact DSI either by phone or email to make any changes. If you specifically request follow-up contact from DSI, DSI will contact you regarding your request, but will leave your user preferences unchanged.
- IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit;
- and If you followed a link to the website from another website, the address of that website.
- Both personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information is collected in order to help DSI improve the site to the general categories of users that most frequently access our site, plan for the growth of the user community, improve marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyze website usage, and to improve our features and the content of our sites. DSI may also collect this information through various user voluntary participation forms (i.e. Contact Us, Resume Submission, Web Surveys). The information is collected voluntarily and help you receive information regarding our products and services, publication, career opportunities, or research data. This information is mandatory for us to process user requests. Other information we request is optional.
Like most companies, DSI may use “cookie” technology on the site to collect aggregate information. When you visit DSI’s site, the cookie tells the company whether you’ve visited before or are a new visitor. This allows DSI to measure the effectiveness of the site for new and returning visitors. The cookie does not contain any personal information about you nor does it provide DSI with any way to contact you. Additionally, the cookie does not extract any information from your computer. Cookies are simply the best way to be able to offer you the most enjoyable and hassle-free online environment, such as removing the need to re-enter your username and password for certain sections of the site. With most Internet browsers, you have the option to delete any cookies from your computer or to receive a warning before allowing them to be stored on your computer. However not accepting cookies could render certain aspects of the site inaccessible.
DSI’s website also uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), to help analyze how users utilize the site. Google Analytics’ “cookies” generate information that will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. This information is used to compile reports for web administrators and operators to evaluate Internet and individual usage of the DSI website. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
DSI protects user information with the following security measures: secure servers, firewalls, SSL encryption and other proprietary technologies and procedures used to protect privacy. Only authorized personnel, employees, and contractors will have access to any data collected. Each such person is required by DSI to sign a confidentiality agreement and is obligated to maintain such contract.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.